giovedì 21 marzo 2013

Some months ago...


                                                                                   CHRISTMAS?
It's Christmas time...
Although it is not snowing, you can see it and feel in the air.
Almost all families have filled their houses with festoons,garlands, Christmas decorations, have made the crib and put up a wreath on the door...
Outside it's all a triumph of lights and decorations and christmas trees.
Along the city centre main road ,you can find many sellers who try to make you buy odd hand-made items, or some fragrant flavoured dainty...
But this time I can't feel this atmosphere...or at least, I haven't felt it yet.
Maybe it is because I am a bit stressed out also due to the school, which is becoming more and more demanding...
Maybe it is because the mix of school and training, made me feel often tired and a bit sick..
Maybe it is because there are no snowmen at all here in the south of Italy, or maybe it is because I had no free time to buy Christmas presents and things like that...
Probably it is because I've grown up, and I far ago stopped believing in Santa Klaus and all that wonderful magic stuff...
...and,on the other hand, I've became more concerned and worried about the current political, economic and social situation which Italy and the entire world are living,which is very dangerous for our own next future...
And another thing, very important, is that I no longer feel "close" to religion, I'm kind of..."suspended", so Christmas has almost lost its original meaning to me..
But then, I look at my life: ok, there are many things that I'd like to do, and maybe I would never do.. but those are not the fundamental ones! And all I have, my family, my friends, are much more important! I can not complain at all: and if sometime I feel a bit melancholy, I just have to put on my earphones and listen to some good music (Muse or Linkin Park or Dream Theater, for instance) to recover my usual good mood, and to talk with some friends and to hang out with them, or to make a simple run with my training mates... And I soon remember how much I'm lucky!
Of course, some problems can remain, small in my abitual life and big in the world, but I can try to solve them in a better moment.. Surely, even if some others might not be up to me, I often feel involved and in those situations I just can provide help...
...and this, perhaps, is that lost Christmas spirit, which is so often given for granted or overlooked.
I'll think over it.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento